Our fast-growing company is seeking a Machine Operator. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills and work as a team within busy environment. The ideal candidate for this role has to pays strong attention to detail and is committed to workplace safety.
Machine Operator Job Description:
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Carry out production, inspection, packaging and machine operation duties
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available
- Effectively monitor production equipment
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Maintain and monitor machine to make sure it functions properly
- Understanding of how operated machine works
- Conduct quality checks periodically
- Verify adequate materials and supplies are available to complete operations as needed
- Analyse machine operations and output if applicable
- Adjust machine as needed for changeovers, different functions, or other varying needs of production
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
Machine Operator top skills & proficiencies:
- Experience as a Machine Operator would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Physical Stamina and Strength
- Handle Heavy Equipment
- Work Independently
If you believe you would be suited to this role then we would love to hear from you!
Please send your CV and cover letter to Jonathan Hanson.
No agencies please!